Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February 8, 2017

Hump Day! Halfway through the work week. Thank goodness. With all the illness going around at school, I've been drained and exhausted. I'm trying to make sure I don't get sick again. I'm getting ready to start my second job in just a little over a week. My stitching time will definitely be limited at that point. 

I must confess. Today's project is one I haven't even thought about in a very long time. Initially it was to be a piece for Brendan's room. Since he's now 17, I don't think it's something that would interest him any longer. I had intended it to be a companion to the Oak Island Mystery that I stitched for him years ago, complete with glow-in-the-dark floss to outline the pirate's head. 

This project has a very different feel to it. Such a simple design and still so beautiful. It would actually come out very different from the picture. I have chosen leftover bits of floss from my stash that will be enough to stitch the project. I substituted in an overdyed floss for the rocks instead of individual flosses. I like how that came out. Now, I just need to get back to the project and get it stitched!!

Ship Of Life
The Need'l Love Company
110h x 333w
32ct linen from Picture This Plus
various bits of floss from my stash


Pretty, right? ::sigh:: I guess I'll have to live to be 500!

Laura :)

4 comments:

  1. I published a comment, but must have made an error...I have this pattern also and almost chose it as my "easy relief" piece when taking a break from London. Decided to go with one by Little by Little instead, but love this pattern--somehow it seems very soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Pat. At first I thought I wouldn't stitch it because I really was going to do it for Brendan and he's most likely outgrown it but I still like it. I just need to make more time.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful choice on the hand-dyed to make it easier, and it's still a really cool design, maybe a long pillow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like this project. It's interesting to me because I chose leftover bits of flosses from my stash to stitch this one. It will be fun to watch it come together.

      Delete