Saturday, February 11, 2017

February 10, 2017

TGIF!! What a week. I have just been frazzled this week. I've come home most days after school and taken a nap only to wake in a fog and then finally relax for the evening. I think I'm still fighting whatever bugs are floating around the school so my resistance is being sorely tested. 

 I've found a bag of Christmas projects so I may have several Winter/Christmas themed projects for the next few days. I absolutely adore today's project. I wanted this one so badly. My family bought it for me as a birthday gift several years ago. I don't think they understand that if I don't stitch it immediately, it doesn't mean I don't love it. I just keep putting other things in front of it. Then it gets forgotten, at least for a short while. Also, when I have several projects with the same theme or central figure, especially if they're larger projects, I don't want to work on them all at the same time. Santa is the central figure in today's project. I've recently finished Rocky Mountain Christmas, no Santa but lots of stitches in a winter theme. I also finished Santa of the Forest with the help of my round robin group. Definitely Santa and several animals along with filling the whole large project. This one, unfortunately, got pushed to the side. Several years ago, my friend, Debbie, and I decided to stitch this one as a SAL. She was very successful and finished and framed hers. It's gorgeous! When I got to see hers all finished, I was inspired and put a nice chunk into mine but that's as far as it has progressed. Hopefully I'll pull this one out for some quality time this year. 

The Toy Gatherer
Shepherd's Bush
no dimensions given
32ct Ivory Belfast linen
kitted materials


I did have a finish today! We are currently working with only one vehicle so I have been getting to school about an hour and a half early. I've been stitching each morning and I'm seeing progress. I finished Butterflies from the Arts and Crafts folio by Ginger & Spice. I think it came out lovely!


This weekend is for Seasonal/Holiday stitching. I plan to pull out several projects and work on what calls to me. Hope you all have a stitchy weekend as well!

Laura :)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish and great choice on the SB one. Maybe this one can come out to play to work on bits at a time, like the belly, the bird, the border sides, etc. and kind of break it up into chunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think I want to put in some of the beads. Every time I look at the chart to choose a spot to stitch, it's always beads.

      Delete