Saturday, February 18, 2017

February 18, 2017

I've found the stash of Fall/Halloween themed projects. Be prepared. I really enjoy stitching for this season so there are a lot of WIPs. Today I found a lovely project designed by Nora Corbett. It's from the Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine from September, 2008. I like this project so much. So did Nancy and Katie so we all three started it with the idea of having a SAL to make sure we all finished it. I don't think any of us did. It's too bad because it's such a cool project and we all chose very different, very gorgeous fabrics. Mine may present a challenge when I come to the pumpkins. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

Halloween Fairy
Nora Corbett
122w x 187h
36ct Edinburgh Solo linen from Silkweaver
DMC floss as charted


So, what do you think? Isn't it a gorgeous project? I'll have to pull her out during the next Holiday/Seasonal stitching weekend and make some progress. 

Have a stitchy weekend!

Laura :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful choice and maybe you could do white/cream pumpkins? I see those in magazines frequently. Or if you made is dark green with orange it could be like an acorn squash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! I love the idea of creamy white pumpkins. This is the reason I should post my concerns. Someone almost always has a great idea.

      Delete