Friday, February 3, 2017

February 3, 2017

Happy Friday! We've made it through another work week. I've had some extra stitching time due to vehicle woes. I've been able to spend time several mornings stitching before work. It's not a long time, but every little bit helps. It has been a lovely way to start the day. 

Today's project is a spooky one. I previously blogged that Fall/Halloween is one of my favorite stitching subjects. It should come as no surprise that several of these will pop up throughout the year. What I love about this project is the combination of verse and beautiful sampler bands. It's simply stunning. My problem is dark 40 ct linen. This is a project that will have to be worked on in very good light for short intervals. I think I'd go mad otherwise. I'm still planning to get back to it and see it hanging on my wall one day. 

Thriller
Sampler Cove
229W x 277L
40ct Ink Spot Black linen from R & R Reproductions
overdyed flosses 


Have a great stitchy weekend!

Laura :)

4 comments:

  1. I love Sampler Cove! I remember when she moved to Thailand, for her husband's job I think, and started designing. I read not too long ago that she "lives and designs in Thailand"...wonder if she is still there? I thought only two years, originally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if she's still in Thailand or not. I love her patterns, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a really interesting one! Good luck with the dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! This may have to be a 'library project'. I did that once before and the good lighting helped me make more progress on my stitching.

      Delete