Sunday, February 12, 2017

February 12, 2017

I'll start today with an update. I've been stitching today on various seasonal/holiday themed projects. I just put down In A Twinkling that I blogged about yesterday. My fabric was actually 25 ct Floba. I HATE IT!! It's itchy, I don't like the red floss I was using and I was just annoyed the whole time I tried working on it. So, I've decided to stop. I'll officially pull this one out of the WIP pile. I won't restart it until I have some other projects finished, especially since I already have a few Santa projects in the works. 

Speaking of Santa, today's project is another one. I don't have much done on it, though. It's a Teresa Wentzler pattern. I love the look of her designs. I just don't enjoy all the blended stitches. I spent a lot of time setting it up. I bagged all my floss and put the symbol for the color on the bag. I even have bags that have the two blended colors in them and their symbols. I was trying to make it as easy as possible. I still haven't managed to get very far on the project. Maybe I'll pull it out next month during the Seasonal/Holiday SAL weekend and see how it goes. I just know that if I don't enjoy stitching on a project, I don't want to waste my time forcing myself to work on it. I wouldn't enjoy the end product even if I somehow managed to finish it. So, this one needs some thought. Otherwise I may be offering it up as a giveaway. Stay tuned for another update!

Father Winter
Teresa Wentzler
237 x 178
28ct white linen
DMC floss as charted


Back to more stitching!

Laura :)

2 comments:

  1. Your organization for the blended threads is far ahead of what I've done in the past, but I'm not a great one for being organized anyway. It's a cool pattern, but the complications have always held me back from these. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff. I think I got organized with this project to try to encourage myself to work on it. So far that hasn't worked very well!

    ReplyDelete