Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 4, 2017

Happy Saturday! I spent several hours today with the Kansas Stitchers. It's always great to see everyone and their wonderful projects. There were some gorgeous projects all around. It was fun stitching and chatting and eating!

Today's project is very special. It's a sampler this is being designed as it's being stitched. I came up with the idea several years ago and my round robin group at the time has done the stitching so far. It's a Jane Austen sampler for my daughter, Katie. Each stitcher added a line from one of the Austen books and then several bands of specialty stitches. There are 9 floss colors and 2 bead colors. Each stitcher has added stitches that she enjoyed working. It's quite the collection so far! I stitched the first section, using a starting letter designed by Katie. It has more of an embroidery feel to it but I think it fits the sampler perfectly. So, here it is!

Jane Austen Sampler
Laura, Betsy, Lisa, Judie
at least 2 more sections to come
28 ct orphan linen from Picture This Plus
Silk floss 


I can hardly wait for the last sections to be added and to get it framed and delivered to Katie. What a lovely surprise it will be!!

Laura :)

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What a wonderful idea. It looks fantastic so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! It has looked like this since mid-2010. I'm hoping Katie will get it sometime this year.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad this one finally made it's way home. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete