Thursday, February 16, 2017

February 16, 2017

Another beautiful day here. It's very windy, but warm. We're supposed to have warm temperatures for about the next week. It makes me worry about summer temps, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the break. 

I LOVE today's project. It's one I fully intended to work from beginning to end. I started from the lower right hand corner, which is my preference. I've already added the date. It shows 2013. I don't think I'll change it. Maybe I'll find some way to add the finish year. Either way, I will try to finish this project this year. It's quite a large sampler so it will take some work to ensure a finish. I've converted all the DMC colors to GAST and Carrie's Threads. If you haven't tried Carrie's Threads, you can check her out here:  http://carriesthreads.com/index.html 
She's lovely to work with and has beautiful flosses. I've been very happy with everything I've purchased from her. 

So, here's the project. Hope you all like it as much as I do!

The Celtic Band Sampler
Homespun Samplar
129 x 338
32ct Chalice linen from Picture This Plus
GAST & Carrie's Threads as converted


I also have another little Happy Dance. I've finished Celebrate Life. As I thought, it didn't really take that much time to complete. I also realized that I had stopped simply because I ran out of one floss color. I did eventually replace it, but by then I must've been on to something else. I'm not sure how I'll finish it. This is my 3rd finish of the year. 


I'm not finishing a lot of projects but I am seeing a lot of progress. My WIPs are coming out to play!

Laura :)


7 comments:

  1. I have Celtic Band Sampler all kitted up and would love to work on it! Sigh...no more starts for me without a finish. 😒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Pat, c'mon! We could work on it together!!

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm. I might be persuaded, but you have have so many going we'd only get two inches of border down before moving on. Finish a few more and then we'll talk!

      Delete
    3. LOL You have so little faith in me!!

      Delete
  2. Untrue! I have great faith in your earlier resolve to finish up some of your WIPs! Keep plugging away, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another finish and so glad you're working towards a finish on the larger project too, you can do it! I do like my Carrie's threads as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really seeing progress on several projects. It feels good to pull out these older beauties.

      Delete