Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 25, 2017


Easter Bunny Row
Bent Creek
272 x 32


I'm home after a great trip with my sister to Wichita to visit friends, stitch and shop. We had a lovely time stitching with a few friends. We laughed and talked and stitched and ate and finally, finally went to bed. We got up this morning and I stitched some more. After breakfast we headed to Heart's Desire and shopped. I got a couple more charts, some beautiful fabric, a piece of felt for a pincushion and a few flosses for one of the charts. Then, I sat down and stitched and managed to finish this: 


Ship of Life
The Need'l Love Company
PTP linen
mystery flosses from a grab bag

I LOVE how this came out! I used the same floss for the lettering that I did for the rocks by the lighthouse. This was so fun to stitch once I got it going. It didn't take that long to stitch. I just needed to concentrate on each of the elements to make sure they all got in correctly. An interesting note: The flosses I used for this came from a grab bag that I bought at a LNS. They took leftovers from kits they'd made for events and put them randomly into bags. My bag had various amounts of floss in several colors. I did have to pull a couple of flosses from my regular stash but not much. It's my 5th finish of the year. I started the year with 61 WIPs. I added three more and have completed 5 this year. I now have a total of 59 WIPs. Hopefully I'll get a couple more finished soon. The only thing that will stop my current progress is my 'smalls month'. I've been thinking I would use the month of April for smalls. I may have to rethink this and maybe choose a week each month for smalls. That would allow me to continue to work on my WIPs and make progress. Of course, it will create new projects but I'm planning to make sure I finish one small before starting another. It should be fun no matter what. 

Today's project is Easter Row by Bent Creek. It's such a cute pattern. I think I will look through my stash and find a variegated/overdyed floss to use for the alphabet instead of changing for each letter. There are some wonderful little creatures and bits spread through the row. It will be a fun stitch. I'm not sure it would qualify as a small so I guess I will not be starting it any time soon. I did buy a beautiful piece of Lilac linen today that would probably make it just perfect. We'll see!!

I'm so exhausted I'm not even sure this is all making sense. I hope you've had a great weekend. I'm looking forward to one more day of Spring Break and sleeping and stitching before heading back to school on Monday. 

Happy Stitching!
Laura :)


No comments:

Post a Comment