Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18, 2017

Today was a great day. I got to spend the day with stitching friends, including my sister, Nancy, at Picture This Plus in Abilene, Kansas. I took some St. Patrick's Day show and tell as well as a project I've been working on as a gift for Nancy. I have previously stitched it for our brother. It has the first few words to a hymn that Mom and Dad used to sing. We all three really love it for that reason. It's so special to us. I changed the colors a little for Nancy's version to reflect colors she loves and has in her home. It's filled with blue, a little pink and a little green. 


I Come to the Garden Alone
Trinity Designs
56 x 222
28ct Haven linen from Picture This Plus
Vikki Clayton silks in Old Blue Jeans, Old Cherry and Jewel Weed 3167

My picture is not the best. It was taken a little after midnight when I finished up the top motif. 

Today, I was showing my projects to the ladies at my table. When I came to this one, Nancy got a little choked up and said, "It's Mom and Dad." (those are their initials near the bottom.) Then, I managed to choke out, "It's yours." We were both on the teary side. Nancy was pleased (I think!) with the project. 

Now, I need to stitch it one more time for myself. I'll have fun choosing colors. Mom's favorite color was red and I believe Dad's was blue. A floss toss and fabric choices will definitely be upcoming. 

This was another WIP in my stash. I had actually started it in 2015. I know this because my initials and the year are in the tiny band above the bottom band and it was dated. I had to pull out part of the 5 and make it a 7. That'll teach me!! 

So, I have a total of 64 WIPs for the year with 4 finishes now. I'm feeling pretty good about this. I will be excited to see how many WIPs I'm able to finish this year. Hopefully there'll be a few more. 

Have a great weekend!
Laura :)



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish and I'm so glad Nancy loved it as much as you hoped she would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiff! It was just the perfect reaction. She totally did NOT expect it. It's nice to be able to still surprise my big sis.

      Delete