Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6, 2017

Well, yesterday was successful! After posting my entry, I trimmed and taped the pattern pages together in pairs. Then, I couldn't resist adding some stitches. I got several in as well as stitching an over 1 bee. It's so cute and has me excited to be stitching on the project again. 

The project I pulled from the bag today has me sighing in frustration. It's Summer Zinnias by Pam Sweda from Mystic Stitch. There is a gorgeous over 1 model stitched and taunting me at Heart's Desire in Wichita, KS. I have to stop and stare every time I'm there. No problems so far. Keep reading...

I had been looking at how much dark background there is and wishing I could do something about it. Then, I found the perfect piece of fabric already in my stash. It's a 36ct Edinburgh linen Solo from Silkweaver. It's just got the most fabulous mottling that greatly resembles the background in the project. So, my issue now is trying to figure out what's foreground and what's background. However, the stems of the flowers share some of the same colors with the background. My current plan is to stitch and figure out where the flowers, leaves and stems end and then leave the fabric to shine through as the background. I'm hoping it will make the flowers stand out more. 

My other issue is that I was CRAZY and started stitching with 2 strands of floss. On 36ct fabric! What was I thinking? Another change. I'm not frogging the bits I have in. I'm just changing to single strand stitching from here on. 

I've had so many issues with this that I don't know if I want to work on this project any more. It's definitely not one I'll be working on anytime soon. I may just have to stare at the pattern picture until I love it again and then try stitching it. 

Summer Zinnias PS-02
Pam Sweda
Mystic Stitch Inc. 
225 x 170
36ct Solo Edinburgh Linen Silkweaver Fabric
DMC floss



Happy Stitching!

Laura :)

1 comment:

  1. Good idea on the fabric to not have to stitch the background. I'm going through that with an HAED at the moment as well. I was happily highlighting out bits until I realized they were also part of the main character.... ah well, it will all come out in the end.

    ReplyDelete