Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 25, 2017 - Gift Tile

I pulled out a new bag of projects today to choose my blog subjects. I have more left in the big tub to pull from so I'm set for several days. 

Today's project is a wonderful gift from Denise aka Mel's Mum. It's the perfect mix of colors for me and I love it. In fact, it used 18 DMC colors in a tile that will be about 8" square. The humorous thing for me is that I didn't see the peacocks until I read the title. I focused on the iris in the center of the page. Iris are my favorite flowers, especially in purples. I loved it the minute it arrived and still look forward to having it stitched and displayed. 

Seriously, why can't I just sit home and stitch? I've become more hyper cross stitch sensitive since I started writing again. I think about my projects all the time! I want to cross stitch, think about cross stitch, write about cross stitch, show off my cross stitch projects, look at everyone else's cross stitch and talk about cross stitch! Oh my goodness. What is a girl to do? ::sigh:: I suppose retiring early isn't really a viable option. So, I'll just have to keep on doing the best I can and post back here so you can see what's going on in my little corner of the world. 

Peacock Tile Floral 16
DMC Creative World
112w x 112h
28ct off white linen
DMC threads


I'm off to do some more stitching! The butterflies are coming along nicely!

Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment