I'm writing with just over a half hour left in the day. Nothing like cutting it close.
I pulled a different bag and am working my way through it. Today's project is Buttercups from Shepherd's Bush. It's one of a series of eight patterns: Amaranth, Bilberry, Bluebells, Buttercups, Mulberry, Rowan Berry, Violets and Whortleberry. This is a project I've had for a long time. I've stitched the first three and had a pretty good start on the fourth one. Then I started to work on the first band and realized I was missing the perle cotton and a couple of flosses I need for this one. I don't understand how I'm missing these! I thought I'd put all the supplies together so I'd be able to just finish the project and move on to the next one.
These are sweet little projects with several interesting specialty stitches in each pattern. This project is 51 x 70 stitches and they're all a similar size. I'd like to finish off this series and frame all of the projects in either the same frame or similar frames in complementary colors. When I decided to stitch the series, I ordered enough 32ct Belfast linen to stitch all of them. They're all cut to size so, other than gathering floss, which I obviously have failed at, everything is together.
So, with no further ado, here is today's project:
Here's to a great stitchy weekend!