Friday, January 13, 2017

January 13, 2017

Friday the 13th and a full moon. Ominous, huh? There's nasty weather coming our way here in Kansas City. We're supposed to get freezing rain throughout the weekend. We're trying to prepare in case we should lose power. Our school district even released 2 hours early today. We had no rain start until about 10 tonight. 

I'm writing with just over a half hour left in the day. Nothing like cutting it close. 

I pulled a different bag and am working my way through it. Today's project is Buttercups from Shepherd's Bush. It's one of a series of eight patterns: Amaranth, Bilberry, Bluebells, Buttercups, Mulberry, Rowan Berry, Violets and Whortleberry. This is a project I've had for a long time. I've stitched the first three and had a pretty good start on the fourth one. Then I started to work on the first band and realized I was missing the perle cotton and a couple of flosses I need for this one. I don't understand how I'm missing these! I thought I'd put all the supplies together so I'd be able to just finish the project and move on to the next one. 

These are sweet little projects with several interesting specialty stitches in each pattern. This project is 51 x 70 stitches and they're all a similar size. I'd like to finish off this series and frame all of the projects in either the same frame or similar frames in complementary colors. When I decided to stitch the series, I ordered enough 32ct Belfast linen to stitch all of them. They're all cut to size so, other than gathering floss, which I obviously have failed at, everything is together. 

So, with no further ado, here is today's project: 



Here's to a great stitchy weekend!

Laura :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this one very much! I'm a sucker for apricot-ish colors, and this is so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia! It's a lovely floral series. I've really enjoyed all the vines and specialty stitches in each project.

      Delete