Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017 - A Mystery Sampler

I pulled out a project bag today and found a piece I truly treasure. It's 2008 Mystery Bonus Sampler from Blackbird Designs. It was originally released in 5 parts as a bonus in 4 different patterns for the year. Each section is able to be a stand alone sampler or be put into the big sampler. I collected the patterns. I decided I didn't want to have to try to match up the edges of the samplers and then sew the individual pieces of fabric together so I opted to choose one piece of material and stitch them all together. There are only 10 floss colors in the whole project. It took me a long time to start the project but at last I did. I stitched fairly quickly through the first pattern, Where My Heart Blooms,  then set the project aside in favor of something else I felt was more pressing. It continued to lay in wait until last year when I finished section 2, Rites of Spring. Now I just need to make sure that I pull it out again soon and work on it. I don't expect the whole project to be completed this year. I simply hope to continue making progress. 

2008 Mystery Bonus Sampler from Blackbird Designs
Part 1: Where My Heart Blooms
Part 2: Rites of Spring
Part 3: Blessings and Kind Wishes
Part 4: Beyond My Heart
Part 5: Keepsake
Total Sampler:  349w x 120h
35ct K C Blend linen from R & R Reproductions
Overdyed flosses


After I posted last night, I did stitch more on another project. I finished a butterfly! If the rest of the project goes as quickly, I should have another finish soon. 

Happy Stitching!

Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment