Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4, 2017


Easter Blessings
Lizzie Kate

At first when I looked at today's project, I didn't think it was really for me. However, after looking at the sampler and the needleroll, I think I've actually got two projects that I'll end up doing from this one. I just think the bunny is a little too cutesy for me. I really do like the needleroll. Hmmm...another blog idea, I need to get out all my needlerolls and take photos. I have several lovely rolls. I've made several more and given them as gifts. They're some of my favorites because they're so easy to hand finish. I like the idea of a finished finished project. 

I think fabric choice could be key for these projects. When I first looked at the chart cover, I didn't even see the needleroll. What colors will I choose? Hey, that might be another blog post. "Just how much fabric is actually in my stash?"

I love when these ideas come to me as a result of blogging about something else. My brain gets totally engaged and active while I'm blogging. I enjoy the process of starting with a small idea and progressing to more and more detail and even more ideas of things to blog about. 

So, another couple of fun ideas to stitch and another couple of fun ideas for blogging. Sounds like a successful entry!

Hugs and Stitches, 

Laura :)



4 comments:

  1. That needle roll on the picture looks nice. I also love needle rolls a lot, you can get so creative with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Brigitte. I have stitched several of the Shepherd's Bush rolls. I like the lace on theirs along with the fun bands.

      Delete
  2. Ive never seen a needle roll in person before. The Lizzie Kate chart looks lovely. I'm not so keen on the bunny either but the sampler and the roll look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Kerry! We'll have to find you a pattern. Shepherd's Bush has some lovely kits. HIHN has seasonal leaflets with rolls. I have this one: https://www.google.com/search?q=heart+in+hand+needleart+-+needlerolls&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS590US590&hl=en-US&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjemt7v9o3TAhVh7oMKHd_CAEwQ_AUIBygB&biw=414&bih=660#imgrc=I_Q0e2NJaZocXM:

      And I also have Winter Fobs. They're pretty cute and you could use leftover floss for a lot of the bits.

      Delete