Saturday, April 15, 2017

April 15, 2017


An Eggstraordinary Sampler
Lesa Steele
published in Just Cross Stitch, April 2000
88h x 77w

I used to post on an early, early chat board. There were lots of experienced stitchers there. There were also some really opinionated people who would suck all the fun out of posting! It was on these boards I first discovered Lesa Steele. She's such a sweet, talented designer. Unfortunately, she's no longer publishing designs. 

I saw this chart when the magazine came out and knew it needed to be stitched by me. I found these Silken Ribbons and Waterlilies in Sherbet. I think they're the perfect color to stitch these Easter eggs. Also, surprise, surprise, I've chosen to stick with white linen. I just feel it looks so clean and fresh, exactly how I think an Easter project should look. It will be an involved project for sure. Not one I should start unless I'm willing to really focus on it and stitch it start to finish. I need to plan to do it while I'm off for several days at once. 

It will be wonderful to add this beautiful project to my WIP pile!

Laura :)



6 comments:

  1. This looks a lovely design and the silks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheryl! I've liked this pattern for so long!

      Delete
  2. A pretty design and I like your thread and ribbon choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I think it will be a good combination.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful choice and I hope you get a chance to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiff! I really do like the eggs. So sweet.

      Delete