Friday, March 24, 2017

Top Five Tuesdays ~ more than a little late!

This week's theme is Your Choice. Well, I've been thinking about it since the weekend. I've finally decided to show my top projects that are stitched but need to be finished. When I went through the pile, there were waaaay more than 5. So, this week, I will post, in no particular order and forgetting the names/designers for most of the projects:

Laura's Top 20 Projects in Need of a Finish


Generosity 
The Drawn Thread

I fell in love with this project when I saw the model hanging on the wall at CC & Company. I visited it several times before bringing it home and finishing it fairly quickly. I didn't find the exact buttons it called for. I chose buttons I really like. They're a mix of different mediums, too. Definitely a frame job. 


Faith, Hope, Love
The Workbasket
35ct Mocha linen from R & R Reproduction

This was fun to stitch, but oh my, did it require accurate counting! I did a floss toss with a few different overdyed flosses and landed on this one. I don't remember what color I used! It's really long so it probably needs a frame. 




A few years ago I was given a bag of stitching supplies from a friend who doesn't stitch and was clearing out her mother's things. I found this little cutie in there. I LOVE this bunny! I think it would make a perfect pin cushion. 




Three of my St. Patrick's Day projects that need to be finished! Irish is already pinned. I originally thought I'd make it a cube. Sl'ainte may end up being a long pincushion. I think I already have a frame for the Irish Blessing. I don't currently have any SPD projects ready for display. I think I've also stitched LUCK from Bent Creek so it should be included in this grouping. 




Violet's Blue
Blackbird Designs

When I saw this design, I knew it needed to go on purple fabric. I've added Jeff's and my initials and the year we were married. This will be framed. 



Second Chances 
I Still Do leaflet
Ink Circles
Orphan linen from Picture This Plus

I took this fabric and pattern into PTP and Marilyn was able to spend some time with me pulling flosses that would work. Since purple is a favorite for both of us, it was fun to play with all the colors. I really like how this came out. I have fabric and a great button to make it into a big pillow. I thought it would be a nice start to choose pretty things for the bedroom and use this as a decorative pillow there. 



Bloom
Threadwork Primitives

What a sweet design. I stitched this easily in one weekend. I will finish it into a pincushion. I need to find a good display space for my pincushions!


Garden Flowers

I cannot remember the designer on this one right now. I tried to look online but wasn't successful in my search. Anyway, I really enjoyed stitching this design. I remember looking at the picture on the pattern and not seeing the fence at first. I tried to choose fabric that would allow all of these beautiful elements to show. This could be a nice framed piece or smallish pillow. 



Birdhouses in my Thistles Garden
Thistles
Solo fabric from Silkweaver

I think this fabric and pattern were made for each other! I love how all the colors play off each other. My sister, Nancy, has stitched this and hers looks completely different. It's always fun to see how different the same pattern can look with fabric & floss choices. I think it needs to be a long pincushion/pillow. 


?

Is this the cutest flower ever? I had so much fun stitching it. I know my colors are not quite as charted because I found a great overdyed floss to use for parts of it. I enjoyed all the quirky elements that came together to make this project perfect. It may be framed so I can see it hanging every day. Maybe it needs to go to work with me? 


Where the Blue Berries Grow
The Gathering Place
40ct Ale linen from Picture This Plus
Vikki Clayton silk flosses

I saw this pattern and fell in LOVE. It has unusual coloring and it drew me in instantly. I had a terrible time trying to stitch this until Nancy and I started going to the library every week. I worked on it there where the light was better and I was stitching at a table. It made it easier to see all of this. This will be framed, although, a pillow could be sweet!





Voice of the Shepherd
Lavender & Lace
solo fabric from Silkweaver
floss as charted

This pattern had been in my stash for such a long time. Then, one year, Nancy and I decided to stitch it. My fabric is greenish and hers is blue. Our two projects look so different and so pretty! Every time I look at this, I'm filled with peace. I breathe deeply and just relax. Don't you love the trees leaning over the top? To be framed. 


Red, White & Blue
The Cross Eyed Cricket

This pattern came out after 9/11. I bought it and intended to get it stitched right away. It actually took several years before I ever pulled it out and stitched it. I used the silk flosses it called for as well as the fabric from R & R Reproductions. This will be framed. 


Miss Mary Mack
La~D~Da
Pickled linen from Picture This Plus

Oh, such a fun, fun stitch. Jeff chose this pattern as one he wanted me to finish last year. It was finished during Spring Break last year. I need to ask him how he would like it finished. I'm guessing he'll want it framed. 


Skeleton Crew
The Cross Eyed Cricket
linen from Picture This Plus

This project is finished due to help from a round robin group. It traveled the world to get completed. It is stitched with glow-in-the-dark floss for all of the white bits. I recently priced this out for framing. I need to save some pennies and wait for a framing sale!


Give Thanks Always

I found this at a cross stitch shop in Bolivar, MO when my friend, Debbie, took Nancy and I to visit. I picked up several great charts that day. Unfortunately the shop is no longer open. For some reason, I went crazy and bought a piece of evenweave to stitch on. I hate evenweave. Wait, let me say that the correct way. I HATE evenweave! It made working on this project a real chore. I think I shoved it in the drawer as soon as I finished it. Now I'm ready for it to come out and be framed and displayed. It will be a long, irregular frame so I'll have to watch for a bargain. 


Give Thanks
The Drawn Thread

This is a project I bought, took home, chose supplies and stitched almost immediately. I really like everything about it. I just need to get it framed and hung. 


Deck the Halls
Bent Creek

CC & Company has had this on the walls for years. I've looked at it for years! I finally caved and bought it. I took it home and stitched it right away. It's such a fun project! I have a great frame for it and need to figure out what to do to cover the end where I don't have quite enough fabric. I'm thinking of adding a Christmas print fabric to the ends to complete it. 


Holly
Nora Corbett

Another great one that was on display at CC & Company. I finally bought and stitched her in 2011. That November-December I pulled a bag of several Christmas and Winter themed projects and stitched furiously. I finished several projects and still need to frame them all! This will definitely go into a frame. 


Santa of the Forest
Lavender & Lace
linen from Picture This Plus

So, this is the perfect wrap up for my crazy Top 20. I started this as a gift for Jeff many, many moons ago. I finally sent it out in a round robin - twice! The ladies liked it enough to work on it twice for me. It's all stitched with DMC aside from the gold. I've kind of pictured this as a banner of sorts but my hubby is insisting on a frame so a frame it will be. Another one to save up my pennies and let someone else frame for me. 

Now you know why I should never be turned loose with a random theme!!

Happy Stitching!

Laura :)















No comments:

Post a Comment