Saturday, March 4, 2017

March 4, 2017

It was another glorious weather day here. I did get to be out a little in it. It was absolutely gorgeous!

Today's project has a personal connection for me. My aunt, Anita Poland, is the artist for the original design. It was adapted for cross stitch and published in the March 1998 issue of For the Love of Cross Stitch magazine. Upon learning I was a stitcher she sent me an afghan and asked me to stitch it for her. I started but it is done with 6 strands of floss which has proven to be a struggle. I don't enjoy stitching on the afghan cloth with it's irregular threads. You can see from the picture that I haven't made much progress. My goal is to have it finished this summer so I can deliver it to my aunt in person. We'll see...

Leave Your Blues at the Door
Anita Poland 
124w x 107h
Afghan cloth
DMC as charted 



I wish I had chosen to use Perle cottons. It would have made this so much easier! Hindsight and all that. 

Laura :)

4 comments:

  1. I do so hope you can finish this one before fall! I know both of you will be thrilled when the gift is presented. Crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Pat. It's just been hanging around for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yikes. I've learned I'm not a big fan of afghan fabric either, so I haven't progressed where I had thought I would on a few of them. Maybe it's something you could do a thread length a day on? And if it's not as frustrating keep on some days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably an excellent suggestion, Tiff. There's a lot of confetti in the cushion so that's probably holding me back a little. If I work on the brown that might go faster.

      Delete